Store closings are a great way to find amazing deals–and these are the Macy’s locations to watch for closeout sales and incredible markdowns.
Macy’s announced the closing of 100 stores in 2016 after reporting six consecutive years of declining sales. It’s not clear if the latest announcement to close 30 stores is included in the original 100; however, these Macy’s stores will be closing this year when their leases expire.
Macy’s Stores Closing in 2020
- California – Somersville Towne Center, Antioch
- Connecticut – Westfield Meriden, Meriden
- Florida – Pompano Citi Centre, Pompano Beach; Seminole Towne Center, Sanford; Indian River Mall, Vero Beach; Bloomingdales, The Falls, Miami
- Georgia – Macon Mall, Macon; The Gallery at South DeKalb, Panthersville
- Hawaii – Kings’ Shops, Waikoloa Village
- Idaho – Lewiston Center Mall, Lewiston
- Illinois – University Mall, Carbondale; Spring Hill Mall, West Dundee
- Indiana – Muncie Mall, Muncie
- Kansas – The Village, Prairie Village
- Kentucky – Towne Square Mall, Owensboro
- Maryland – The Centre at Salisbury, Salisbury
- Massachusetts – The Mall at Whitney Field, Leominster
- Montana – Northside Center, Helena
- New York – Broadway Mall, Hicksville; 2 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Commack
- North Carolina – Hanes Mall, Winston-Salem
- Ohio – Northgate Mall, Cincinnati; Stow-Kent Plaza, Stow; Ohio Valley Mall, St Clairsville
- Pennsylvania – Nittany Mall, State College; Harrisburg Mall, Harrisburg
- Tennessee – Rivergate Mall, Goodlettsville
- Washington – 300 Pine Street, Seattle, 54 East Main Street, Walla Walla, Cascade Mall, Burlington
Dates and Savings
Although the exact closing dates are unknown at this time, some locations already started holding major sales events and closeouts right after the holidays.
Macy’s is hosting an Investor Day on February 5th at the New York Stock Exchange, and we expect to learn the closing dates before or directly after they share their three-year growth plan with investors.
If you live near any of the stores listed above, it would be worth your while to stop in and check for spur-of-the-moment deals. Often times, employees may be willing to share information, so ask a sales associate if they know when they’ll begin closing out merchandise.
Macy’s is one of the many retailers that has struggled to maintain sales over the years and compete with online giants like Amazon. Pier 1 also recently announced it will begin closing 450+ stores, and they’ve launched an incredible Semi-Annual Clearance Sale to start the process. Many items are marked down up to 70% during the sale and you can save as much as 50% on furniture.